Annons:
Etikettmodernakonflikter
Läst 2880 ggr
ElLobo
2013-08-23 23:32

Arktis

The Arctic is no place for military spectacles

With Parliament deep in summer recess, Prime Minister Stephen Harper can look forward to his annual Arctic adventure. This month, more than 1,000 military personnel will participate in Operation Nanook, what the Department of National Defence calls the “premier” annual exercise in the Canadian north. 

Länk: The Arctic is no place for military spectacles

U.S. Arctic Ambitions and the Militarization of the High North

Canada recently took over the leadership of the Arctic Council and will be succeeded by the U.S. in 2015.

Länk: U.S. Arctic Ambitions and the Militarization of the High North

Annons:
ElLobo
2013-08-23 23:34

Military's Arctic training facility opens in Resolute

The new military Arctic Training Facility has opened in Resolute, the federal government announced Thursday.

The year-round facility will be used as a base for cold weather survival training and other Arctic operations.

LänkMilitary's Arctic training facility opens in Resolute

Future Military and Coast Guard Activities in the Arctic

Unlike Antarctica, the Arctic has no ban on weapons, and nations surrounding the region have started increasing their military presence there. Canada, Russia, and the United States have begun deploying surveillance assets and conducting Arctic military exercises, flights, and exploration missions using icebreakers. 

Länk: Future Military and Coast Guard Activities in the Arctic

[julatopp7018]
2013-08-24 18:23

Bara inte Arktis blir som i Asien där flera länder bråkar om öarna.

ElLobo
2013-08-24 20:33

För sent! Det bråket har redan hållit på ett antal år …

ElLobo
2013-09-03 23:56

Flottilj vid Norra flottan på väg till Arktis

En flottilj vid Norra flottan har idag lämnat sin huvudbas i Severomorsk och tagit kursen mot östra Arktis.

Länk: Flottilj vid Norra flottan på väg till Arktis

[ludden]
2013-09-04 19:24

Östra arktisk är det ryskt vatten?

ElLobo
2013-09-04 21:46

Ja.

Annons:
[Jimmy.L]
2013-09-05 08:50

Farhågorna att Arktis blir den nya, heta konfliktzonen är överdrivna. Den militära spänningen i Arktis är låg menar forskaren Kristofer Bergh.

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/default.aspx?articleid=6931161

ElLobo
2013-09-05 09:36

Canada spearheads exploitation and militarization of the Arctic

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced new investments in infrastructure aimed at opening up the Arctic to intensified capitalist development when he conducted his eighth annual tour of the Far North last week.

Länk: Canada spearheads exploitation and militarization of the Arctic

ElLobo
2013-09-16 23:10

Russian navy returns to Arctic. Permanently.

Officials say the arrival of a Russian flotilla at a remote Arctic island is the start of a new, permanent naval presence in the thawing region.

LänkRussian navy returns to Arctic. Permanently.

ElLobo
2013-09-17 08:36

Putin: Russia to reopen Soviet-era Arctic military base

Russia is reopening a Soviet-era military base in the Arctic, President Vladimir Putin said on Monday, part of a drive to make the northern coast a global shipping route and secure the region's vast energy resources.

Länk: Putin: Russia to reopen Soviet-era Arctic military base

Putin: Arctic Ocean Military Base To Be Restored

Russian President Vladimir Putin says a military base on the Novosibirsk Islands in the Arctic Ocean will restart operations soon. 

Länk: Putin: Arctic Ocean Military Base To Be Restored

ElLobo
2013-10-27 11:51

Russia’s Arctic Military Presence to Expedite Research and to Strengthen Air-Defense System

The resumption of Russia’s active military presence in the Arctic will make it possible to expedite research projects and expeditions and to improve the regional air-defense system, Professor Alexander Sharavin, Director of the Russian Institute of Political and Military Analysis and Member of the Defense Ministry’s Public Council, told journalists on Thursday.

Länk: Russia’s Arctic Military Presence to Expedite Research and to Strengthen Air-Defense System

Harper is Not Putting Canada (or the Canadian Arctic) First

If observers of Canada’s foreign policy had high hopes for the 2013 Speech from the Throne, they were sadly disappointed.  The majority of the speech was dedicated to the economy and promoting consumerism, with a series of strategic lines about Canadian patriotism inserted throughout.  

Länk: Harper is Not Putting Canada (or the Canadian Arctic) First

ElLobo
2013-10-27 11:52

Russia plans further development of its Arctic regions

Russia will defend its geopolitical interests in the Arctic areas where the boundaries of its continental shelf have not been defined to date and, on top of that, it will invest in the development of its own remote northern territories, suggests a speech that the federal Minister of Regional Development, Igor Slyuniayev, made at the 11th session of the General Assembly of the Northern Forum.

Länk: Russia plans further development of its Arctic regions

Only two brigades are ready | Keeping the Arctic peace | U.S. ASW vision

Army Chief of Staff Ray Odierno says his service has just two combat-ready brigades. (Defense News). And don’t miss the rest of Defense News’ coverage from AUSA.

Länk: Only two brigades are ready | Keeping the Arctic peace | U.S. ASW vision

ElLobo
2013-10-27 11:53

Russia to invest $63bn for Arctic development

Russia plans to spend $63 billion by 2020 on its Arctic development program, according to a top government official.

Länk: Russia to invest $63bn for Arctic development

Annons:
[ludden]
2013-10-27 19:10

Känns som Ryssland är på väg att bli det "nya" stormakten med USA som tvåa.

ElLobo
2013-10-28 19:41

Ja, men glöm absolut inte Kina …

[ludden]
2013-10-28 21:09

Är inte Kina lite beroende av Ryssland än så länge?

ElLobo
2013-10-28 21:16

Nix, inte som det verkar. Jag kan ha fel men jag tycker att det verkar som om Kina spelar i storpolitikens spel helt självständigt.

[ludden]
2013-10-28 21:21

Okej, hade för mig det men det är strunt samma. Kina i sig är ju en supermakt, nog om det.

ElLobo
2013-12-02 19:24

Ryssland markerar i Arktis

Knappt har Ryssland avslutat årets intensiva och massiva militärövningar i Sveriges närområde förrän nästa års krigsspel aviseras. Ryska flygvapnet meddelade på måndagen att man ska delta i övningarna Vostok 2014, Indra (en rysk-indisk övning), Slavic Commonwealth (slaviska samväldet) och en rad ytterligare men något mindre spel.

Länk: Ryssland markerar i Arktis

[julatopp7018]
2013-12-03 09:21

Nato lär säkert svara med samma sak till nästa år.

Annons:
[Jimmy.L]
2013-12-03 15:04

Tror inte Nato satsar på fler övningar bara för ryssarna gör det.

[Jimmy.L]
2014-01-29 20:31

Ryska strategiska bombplan Tu-95MS har utfört en patrullering av Arktis. De startade från flygbasen Engels i Volgaregionen och flög över neutralt vatten i Norska havet, Norra ishavet och längs Kolahalvön.

Läs mera: http://swedish.ruvr.ru/news/2014_01_29/Ryska-bombplan-har-utfort-patrullering-av-Arktis-6143/

ElLobo
2014-02-09 00:10

Russian Northern Fleet, Norwegian, US rescue teams to hold Arctic exercise this summer

Search and rescue units from the Russian Navy’s Northern Fleet will take part in an international Arctic exercise along with their US and Norwegian colleagues, Captain First Class Vadim Serga, Spokesperson for the Northern Fleet of the Western Military District’s Press Service, told journalists on Wednesday.

Länk: Russian Northern Fleet, Norwegian, US rescue teams to hold Arctic exercise this summer

Russia Must Protect Arctic Border From Missile Threats

Protecting Russia from potential missile attacks launched from the Arctic should be a key goal of increased Russian military presence in the region, a Russian expert on geopolitics said Thursday.

Länk: Russia Must Protect Arctic Border From Missile Threats

ElLobo
2014-02-09 00:14

Military school to train officers for Arctic garrisons

The Far Eastern Higher Military Command School, which trains officers for Arctic garrisons and marine units, has started enrolling cadets, Alexander Gordeyev, Spokesperson for the Eastern Military District, told RIA Novosti. 

Länk: Military school to train officers for Arctic garrisons

Russian bombers fly Arctic patrol mission

Tupolev Tu-95MS Bear strategic bombers serving with the Russian Air Force have successfully completed an Arctic patrol mission, Air Force spokesman Col. Igor Klimov told journalists.

LänkRussian bombers fly Arctic patrol mission

ElLobo
2014-02-09 00:16

Arctic Ambassador: There is no militarization of the Arctic

Development of military cooperation among the Arctic countries should not be considered a militarization of the region, Russia’s Arctic Ambassador Anton Vasiliev says.

Länk: Arctic Ambassador: There is no militarization of the Arctic

Russia to Develop Military Cooperation in Arctic without Militarization

“Development of the military cooperation between the Arctic countries should not be treated as the region’s militarization. This was stated by Anton Vasilyev, Russia’s Ambassador at Large and Representative at the Arctic Council, who participated in the Council’s meeting on organization of the Arctic Economic Council.

Länk: Russia to Develop Military Cooperation in Arctic without Militarization

ElLobo
2014-02-09 00:17

ElLobo
2014-02-28 08:08

Arktis allt hetare för USA:s militär

Amerikanska marinen ser nu över hur den kan börja öka närvaron i Arktis kring 2020. 

Länk: Arktis allt hetare för USA:s militär

Annons:
[ludden]
2014-02-28 18:57

Det finns ju mycket att vinna där så jag förstår att alla vill ha sin del av kakan.

[ludden]
2014-09-28 15:45

Nu när Ryssland har hittat rikligt med olja i Arktis lär säkert fler länder göra anspråk på områden.

[Jimmy.L]
2014-09-29 07:45

#30 Kan vara risk för det.

Krisen i Ukraine har endnu ikke for alvor ramt Arktis. Men symptomer på konflikt har vist sig, og F16-fly i Grønland får »alle alarmklokker til at ringe i Moskva,« mener forsker.

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/danmark-maa-kaempe-for-freden-i-arktis

[Björn.B]
2015-04-20 17:32

Striden om Arktis trappas upp. Rysslands biträdande premiärminister Dmitrij Rogozin hånar Norge efter sitt ovälkomna besök på Svalbard – och riktar blickarna norrut. ”Vi ska göra det vårt”, säger han om området kring Nordpolen.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/ryssland-trappar-upp-striden-om-arktis/

[ludden]
2015-04-20 19:37

Och ryssarna undrar varför folk inte gillar dom.

[Jimmy.L]
2015-10-21 08:36

Ryssland har byggt en jättelik militärbas på en ö i Norra ishavet, där temperaturen vintertid sjunker ned mot 50 minusgrader. 150 soldater kan stationeras på basen och klara sig där i 18 månader utan försörjningsstöd.

SVT

Annons:
ElLobo
2016-06-04 09:39

Emil Strand: De ryska hoten finns inte bara i Östersjön

Militariseringen av Arktis är ett växande problem även för Sverige, hävdar Emil Strand.

http://www.svd.se/emil-strand-de-ryska-hoten-finns-inte-bara-i-ostersjon/om/sakerhetsradet

[Jimmy.L]
2018-12-16 10:48

Ryssland, USA och Kina och andra länder rustar i Arktis eftersom isarna smälter. De vill säkra tillgången till olja, gas, mineraler, farleder och opererar därför där i allt större utsträckning med militära resurser. Spänningarna ökar i det ogästvänliga Arktis på grund av varmare klimat. – Vi ser en ökning i militär närvaro speciellt på den ryska sidan, säger Ekaterina Klimenko på Stockholms internationella fredsforskningsinstitut Sipri.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/kapprustning-i-arktis-nar-isen-smalter

[Göstage]
2018-12-16 11:25

#36 Upptiningen ökar de frostiga relationerna.🤓

[Jimmy.L]
2018-12-16 11:33

Jo, olja, land och fiskerätten gör att alla vill ha en del v området.

Upp till toppen
Annons: